Looking for a romantic getaway or a fun girls trip? Visit Ghent and stay the night in the brand-new bed & breakfast Achilles. This B&B, situated in a marvellous art nouveau house in the centre of Ghent, is the perfect base for a short trip to Europe’s best kept secret. And did you know that Decovry decorated the entire place? Book your trip and get a fabulous Decovry extra: 28% discount and a bottle of champagne (37.5 cl) in the room.
Go to Travel Deal
You’ll spend the night in one of the six luxurious and contemporary rooms, take time to relax at the bar or in the charming patio. In the morning, you’ll enjoy a tasty breakfast. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer.
B&B Achilles is situated in the Arts Quarter of Ghent, within walking distance from St. Peter’s Abbey and highlights such as the contemporary art museum (S.M.A.K.), the Museum of Fine Arts (MSK) and Arts Centre Vooruit. After only twenty minutes walking, you’ll find yourself surrounded by historical heritage such as the St Bavo’s Cathedral, the Castle of Counts and Ghent Belfry. To make sure you don’t miss any hidden gem of Ghent, check out the official city guide.
Discover this vibrant city that combines a great cultural cocktail with a trendy urban life. Get to know the three towers that symbolise the city, take a picture on the most romantic bridge of the city (the St Michael’s Bridge) and go back in time with a visit to the Castle of the Counts. Or just stroll around the historical centre: along the historical façades with stepped gable, along light art such as Les Oiseaux de Mr. Maeterlick, along iconic places as St Bavo’s Cathedral, the Graslei, Ghent Belfry and the Graffiti street. And, make sure to discover the divine glow of the Mystic Lamb of the Flemish masters, the brothers Van Eyck. In December and January, you’ll experience the lovely Christmas atmosphere in the pedestrian shopping streets, the cosy coffee bars, the crowded pubs and numerous gourmet restaurants. Don’t forget to try the Ghent specialties and sweats: cuberdons, snowballs, Waterzooi …
The ultimate Ghent hotspots
Food & Drinks:
- Bar Jan Cremer: sandwiches, bagels, toasts and a lovely terrace
- Lys d’Or: restaurant with Belgian-French cuisine
- Estelle: bar with salads and pastry, at 100-meter walking distance of B&B Achilles
- Janine’s: contemporary bistro
- Het Keizershof: lively bistro with Belgian classics
- Alice: lovely and cosy brunch hotspot
- Ona: enjoy some fine wine
- Ventura: the most cosy bar of Ghent with a lovely view on the market square “Vrijdagmarkt”
- Billie Rose: store + cafe
- day. : new multibrandstore for women
- Agnes & Maurice: cosy store for unique finds
- Fin du Jour: cosmetics & lifestyle boutique
- San: eastern simplicity
- Lof: gastronomic dining
- De Superette: rock ’n roll bakery and restaurant
Cosy coffee bars:
- Peaberry Coffeebar
- Full Circle Coffee
- Café Labath
Shop the Look
Getting all excited to explore Ghent? Book your trip and get a fabulous Decovry extra: 28% discount and a bottle of champagne.
Go to Travel Deal