Do you need quick and easy breakfast ideas? Start the morning with eggs. And no, we’re not talking about the casual eggs and bacon option. The Scandinavian ÄGGCØDDLER (derived from its less-famous English relative – the egg coddler) is a simple idea – it’s a porcelain cup with a lid in which amazing egg delicacies are born. Extra plus: you don’t need to be a talented chef to make an exceptionally good ÄGGCØDDLER.
Don’t worry, making an ÄGGCØDDLER is easy peasy
1) Butter the inside of the cup to add flavour to the egg and the other ingredients you’re about to add. Plus, it makes clean-up much easier!
2) Break an uncooked egg into the cup.
3) Then comes the part where you let your culinary creativity take flight and what makes the ÄGGCØDDLER unique: add all sorts of spices, herbs, cheese, vegetables, meat – whatever you want. You can keep it simple or experiment with new flavour combinations.
4) Secure the lid with the elastic ribbon and partially immerse the ÄGGCØDDLER in boiling water for a few minutes – how long depends on how firm you like your eggs.
5) Carefully lift the porcelain from the water when the timer goes off. Remove the lid and prepare yourself for a mouth-watering, scrumptious, eggy delight that might just be too amazing for words.