All ‘city of dreams’ clichés aside: New York City is an absolute must-visit. Hot in summer, dreamy in winter, lovely in spring and breathtakingly beautiful in fall. The city really does have it all. Playing Sinatra in your head as we speak? So are we! Sit back, relax and take a stroll ‘around the neighbourhood’ with our favourite New York Hotspots.
The time that Brooklyn was the less cool version of Manhattan lies far behind us. In fact, Brooklyn is the way the go, more laid back than Manhattan and with great, creative energy.
Fall in love with these cool districts:
- Bushwick: this old Dutch colony used to be a bad neighbourhood with a lot of issues. The Bushwick Collective turned things around by using the power of art. Bushwick is one of the coolest neighbourhoods around the world, according to Vogue. Hide your wallets, because the vintage stores are to die for. Not a fan of shopping? Visit a gallery or admire the beautiful street art.
- Williamsburg: without a doubt the most popular part of Brooklyn.
- DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overseas) used to be ‘the district next to Williamsburg’ , but is now a real must-visit.
- Greenpoint, a Polish neighbourhood in Brooklyn, is a walhalla for hip kids and the setting of the Popular TV-show ‘Girls’.
Not to miss:
- Nothing lovelier than a sunset in Brooklyn. Look for a cosy spot near the water and enjoy golden hour.
- Go for a drink in a rooftopbar (Manhattan skyline included). Enjoy the view at the topfloor of the Wyth Hotel, ask for Robert and get one of his amazing cocktails . Another tip: The Sheltering Sky, a cocktail & rooftop bar.
- Not your ordinary rooftop: visit the Brooklyn Grange Rooftop Farm.
- Stroll around Smorgasburg, a weekly open air food market.
- In for a movie? Go to Nitehawk Cinema: a movie theater with restaurant. You can watch a movie while enjoying dinner.
- Brooklyn is a little piece of heaven for vintagelovers. Go treasure hunting at Narnia Vintage Store or Beautiful Dreamers Vintage Store.
- ‘Get a slice of pizza’ at Grimaldi’s. You’ll find this popular pizza place under the Brooklyn Bridge.
If you don’t want to cross the Hudson. Trendy neighbourhoods in Manhattan are without a doubt Nolita, Meatpacking District, Soho and Chelsea.
- Pod 39: what’s New York without rooftop bars?
- The Butcher’s Daughter: yummy brunch spot.
- High Line: enjoy a bit of green in this park. Also visit the beautiful Timber benches designed by James Corner/ Field Operations, Diller Scofidio + Renfro.
- Get arty at Leila Heller Gallery, LMAK, The Hole, Alexander and Bonin, Donald M.Kendall Sculpture Garden.
- Get a delicious cupcake out of the Sprinkles ATM.
Dive into China Town
Also China Town has a lot to offer:
- Nothing too crazy in New York! Visit Binkicafé in China Town and order a cute soft ice with cotton candy figures.
- Doyers Street in Chinatown is also called ‘The Bloody Angle’ due to a high level of gang violence in the past. This summer, the neighboorhood looks a lot more colourful because of a beautiful street painting. Get your cameras ready!
Can’t wait to visit New York ? Get excited with one of the musthaves from our New York Sale.