The iconic Moscow Mule is everything except made in Russia. In the early 1940s, vodka made its first appearance in the United States. Unfortunately, not everyone fancied this drink. One night an American bar owner wanted to get rid of a lot of dead stock. Guess which drinks waited for some attention in the basement … Ginger beer and vodka! The Moscow Mule cocktail was born and did not need any time to seduce every doubter thanks to its fresh taste.
Discover more kitchen gadgets here!
Create your personal Moscow Mule
Enough facts. It’s time to put theory into practice. Follow these golden rules and learn how to make this legendary cocktail yourself.
- 5 cl vodka
- 1 bottle of ginger beer
- 2 cl lemon juice
- 1 lime
- ice cubes
- Fill a copper cocktail mug with vodka and lemon juice
- Cut the lime into several pieces, squeeze the pieces out and add them to the drink
- Add ginger beer and some ice cubes
- Stir and garnish with lime zest
- The finishing touch: a nice straw or lemongrass as a stirrer
Do you prefer a mocktail? No problem! Swap vodka and lemon juice for soda water and two tablespoons of sugar syrup. Replace lime for two lemons. Make an incredible first impression using a few mint leaves. Enjoy!