Coolness is at your fingertips with this smart icebreaker, a new and innovative way to make the perfect ice cubes. Why you need perfect ice cubes? Because it’s the best way to enjoy your drink. A large and firm ice cube melts slower and thus keeps your drink cooler for a long time. Simple.
Meet ICEBREAKER! Your servant for making and serving the best possible ice cubes without a built-in ice cube maker.
How does it work?
- Fill with water: without water, no ice cubes. So just pour fresh water into your ICEBREAKER. It’s a sealed container so no water is lost. Far gone will be the days of spilling water while moving these old-fashioned ice containers from the sink to the freezer.
- KEEP IT COOL. Place your ICEBREAKER into the freezer. Vertical, horizontal or upside-down: no matter how, your ice cubes will be just perfect for your refreshing drinks!
- SERVE: you’ve never served ice cubes like this! Use your ICEBREAKER at the dinner table – just turn the lid and twist your ice cubes into your glass.
And now the fun part. Another reason who you need the perfect ice cubes? To make these three ice cold drinks!
ICED ALMOND MACADAMIA LATTE
- 150 gr of blanched almonds
- 50 gr of macadamia nuts
- 40 gr dates
- 1 l of filtered water
- 2 shots of hot espresso
- a dash of sweetner such as caramel syrup
Mingle nuts and dates, add water and let soak overnight (at least 12 hours) at room temperature. Mix in blender at highest speed for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the mixture through a nut bag (or a fine mesh sieve with two layers of cheesecloth). Or: skip first 3 steps and go for ready-made nut milk. Pour your nut mild with the double shot of espresso into a large glass, add some caramel syrup for sweetness and use your ICEBREAKER for the perfect cubes. (somekitchenstories.com)
PLUM & THYME PROSECCO SMASH
- 2 plums
- 6 thyme springs
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. of thyme syrup (100 gr sugar, 120 ml of water, bring to boil and remove from heat, add thyme stir and let cool)
- 1 bottle of prosecco
Peel and chop 2 plums. Muddle the plums with the thyme syrup and lemon juice until all of the plum juices have been released. Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker. Divide over 2 glasses and top off with prosecco. Garnish with some extra plum slices and thyme springs. (mydiaryofus.com)
NON-ALCOHOLIC HONEY LIMON SPRITZER
- 125 ml of honey
- 500 ml of warm water
- 125 ml of lime or lemon juice (or a combination)
- 250 ml of melissa
- 500 ml of sparkling water
Mix the honey with hot water until perfectly blended. Add the lime / lemon juice as well as the sparkling water. Give it a good stir to mix up and garnish with some ice cubes, melissa and a slice of lime / lemon. (minime.nl)